Sometimes you just have to press the pause button in life. Not that life actually stops but I find that sometimes I can just pretend that it does, and I can focus in on just one thing. A few days ago I pressed pause - forgetting iminent deadlines (again) and to do lists, and found myself lying on our wooden floors, on my back, next to Ella. Her little face clearly communicated her delight...we checked each other out for a while and said all sorts of things in baby langauage. and for a moment life stod still.
I love times like these.
However, the night time is no longer as delightful, perhaps she is teething but her habbit of waking at 3am and crying briefly for dummy has turned into waking up as if its 7am, and not sleeping again until 5am. And the sleep only comes after lots of tears. Its rough.
Steve is also sick. I have banned him from coming anywhere near Ella. Its bad enough having one sicky in the house. What is it about men when they are sick - they become real invalids. So every little house and Ella duy has been mine to execute. All mine. I am really hoping that I dont get his bug. I am really chuffed that I have been keeping up with the running and might just cross the 2 oceans half inish line after all.
The vitamin C pills are calling me, and so is bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Never mind the Two Oceans. You are currently building up "sickness fitness"....one child at a time.Never fun when anyone is sick. Fortunately God has a soft spot for Moms....I havent been ill for years. Just cant happen cos then the world would stand still! Strength to you.
Post a Comment