ok - this post is mainly for my daughter - for the years ahead when she is big enough to read what her mama thought about her when she was only 8 months old. Its going to be soft, mushy, coetchi so if that's not your thing skip this post
To my Ella Bella
I woke up at 6h30 this am to your coo-ing in your cot. I have had three hours sleep because you my baby girl now has a snot nose (again) and you get ridiculously frustrated and misserable when you can not suck your dummy and breathe through your nose at the same time. Last night I spent about 2 hours from 1am to 3am just sitting by your cot holding your little hands - which grasp tightly around one of mine (you cry if I pull my hands away), and bouncing you on the big ball. You were wide awake, desperate to sleep, and desperate for mum as you could struggled to settle without your dummy. Ella, even when I am exhausted, looking after you in the middle of the night, I can not be but hugely grateful to God for your life. When I was holding you last night you could not stop looking into my eyes, or maybe I could not stop looking into yours! I love you little one - even in the wee hours of the morning when I really should be getting some much needed sleep.
You can now stand up in your cot. You think you are so clever! The funny thing is that we do to - we (thats your dad and i) never thought we would be the type of parents who show off all your latest accomplishments to anyone interested person. Yesterday we found ourselves showing friends how strong you are because you can stand. Silly hey! One of your favourite things at the moment is family hugs. We all hold our arms out wide and go aaaaah as dad, you and me hug. Bruno tries to join in too. You have learnt to say aaaah with us and now intitiate cuddles with me by going aaah. It completely rocks my world. Lately you have also grown extra fond of dad. I have been sick for a while so he has had to get stuck into caring for you while I was in bed. You love hanging in the garden with him and check out leaves and flowers together.
You are starting to eat better now. You still don't really love food, but at least I can get the stuff into your little system. You love peeka a boo and laugh out loud when I reappear from any hiding place. You are moving around a lot now - you leopard crawl most of the time but have cottoned onto the crawling pattern of movement and every now and then actually crawl properly. You are very sociable and seem to love being around other babes. We had a little photo shoot at church the other day for all the mums and babes in our church group. A lot of the kids were howling - over whelmed by the flash and chaos. You loved it - and your little face was just full of birght eyed, smiley, curious expressions.
As I get to know you better, I can not help but love you more. I love being your mum, and thank God every single day for your life. I feel overwhlemed at times that God gave me you. I pray a lot for your future - and pray for wisdom to be the kind of mum you need to be everything you were created to be.
My baby girl, tomorrow you are 8 month. Time goes so quickly. I can not believe how big you are already. I love life with you and honestly do love you more and more as each day passes by.
Love your mama
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi Se,
Very touching stuff - I almost feel like an intruder reading other people's mail!
But I have this to say - that if that's jow you are when you are exhausted and sleep deprived, Ella is a blessed child indeed!
So glad (but not surprised) that Steve is so good at standing in the gap when you need him to.
Is that an unacceptably "mom-comment" for grown up children?? *grin*
Hope to see you soon - even if its just on Common Ground.
LOVE that name!
hugs
I see that traditionally you have posted one blog per month: this is a gentle reminder from your readers that it is now MAY.
Time to update us on the doings of the 3 Beans.
Hope you are all having a blast at Nature's Valley.
Post a Comment