Sunday, 13 February 2011

Living with gratitude

Sometimes I feel guilty that my life feels so rich. Life is full of the usual dramas, bad days and snotty noses, but that's life. The bigger picture is that my life is truly beautiful, and its something I thank God for every single day. I don't take the little things for granted, and I desperately try to live in the present, thanking God for what is so lovely today.

My children continue to bring me huge amounts of happiness and 'fullness'. I have realised that whilst far from perfect, they have this incredible ability to play well together, to potter around the house without needing me too much. This lends to lingering, poterring summer days, lots of little chats in between pottering, and stifled giggles as I watch Ella immerse herself in some imaginary game, which often includes little conversations or comments that mimic me.

Ella's understanding, vocab, communication and insights flaw me at times. How can a three year old think and feel so deeply astounds me.

Bottom line is that I love everything about my life - my husband is my perfect fit, my kids bring me deep happiness, Cape Town and the natural beauty sustains me, church leadership, life and community inspire me...and God overwhelms me with his love, grace, provision - blessing. I have never felt so alive to God, to life in it's fullness.

I am living the full life that Christ promises and it's all because of him - and I hope I will live my one and only life entirely for Him. John 10:10 - I have come that they may have life and life to the full.

Thank you God, for everything that is beautiful today. Everything that is perfect right now, everything I have in my hand to steward today. I love you Father, I love you.

No comments: