Monday, 24 March 2008

I'm back

Ok - I'm alive. Just. I was quite chuffed to see that some of you actually miss my posts! Hee hee. Never thought my rambling would ever attract any readers - not even family! Blogging really does drop to last on the list when life turns pear. But admist the chaos there have certainly been some precious moments. I am working like a cart horse - loveLife work that is - enjoying the actual work but hating the politics. What is it with people? Why does enjoyable work always have to made complicated by people. But its ok. Life seems to be teaching me how to deal better with chaos and unpredictable curve balls and difficult people and babies... I must be growing hey?

The last 3 weeks have been of full of those lovely little juicy life moments that energise one just enough to deal with the curve balls - and sometimes even catch them. A while ago we had such a chilled Sunday eve with Mel - just hanging with the kids who were ridiculously cute and well behaved (must be our influence of course). All was well until Troy went ballistic, barking in Ella's face. Great way to be woken up. Ella was wired after that - poor kid, dint think her bod had ever had to cope with such a massive adrenalin rush! We also celebrated Cath getting engaged to Dom (so excited about having this guy in our family - love him), we have just spent time with Ali, Theo and the rest of the Fishoek fam - Easter Mon - (except Lis, Don and Sam) - always a bit of a circus but strangely relaxing! Also had such an epic lunch a while ago with Jules, Duncs, Ant and Sues - Jules is a cook of note - had homemade sushi, some exotic chicken noodle dish and the most insane triple decker chocolate mousse cake...hello calories.

Patricia is a recent gift from God. I thought I would never find a nanny that just felt right. I have found her - a 44yr Zimbabwean gem, gentle kind and ever so sweet to Ella. YAY.

Ella continues to amaze me. She started leopard crawling on her 7th month birthday, and the lastest trick is waving and shaking her head violently from side to side. I had to ask Mel if it was normal - the head thing - had moment of mild panic when I thought she might have some disorder! Clearly a first time mother.... Have I mentioned that I am mad, absolutley mad about my baby girl. I can not believe how much I love her.

Mel is a walking childrens encyclopeadia... I swear she could fool the world and pretend to be a paed. Must come with having 3 kids. Started telling me about different types of meningitis today...where do you get enough RAM to store all that info Mel? Just keep it updated ok - because I am going to keep asking you stuff and I want CURRENT info.

Highlight!! I ran 21km - I swear - I did. (I was tempted to take a short cut at ine point in the race but my prode just would not let me). I ran the last 10km in 50 mins - I was cooking on gas (or pasta?). I felt like a superwoman - the joys of endorphins and adrenalin. I love this city and the people in it - the on lookers were such an encouragement. All different shapes, sizes, colour, characters... You run with your name on your number - so even strangers cheer you on by name 'gow serah, jy hardloop meisie' Lekker my bru.

Life feels too full at the moment. I dont quite know what to make of it. Its not sustainable - but then again maybe I just have to increase my capacity. I am learning to rely on grace more and more - not just every day but sometimes every second.

Gotta dash - bed time for Ella B.
Thanks Ali for the space to blog - enough written to keep the famdamily at bay for a while!!
Love you guys.
xxx

1 comment:

Mel said...

Good to see you back! Hopefully the meningitis was a small part of what I have to offer you!! Wasnt meant to scare you, just to warn...!