Wednesday, 08 September 2010

Wednesday is the girls day

Wednesdays are fast becoming one of my favourite days in the week. Its girls day – Ella and mama and kate do whatever we feel like. Today it’s a beautiful spring day – warm and sunny. We hit the beach, Camps Bay and caught it in all its glory. It was a postcard picture perfect morning. Katie has changed her mind about the beach – she used to hate the sand and scream, she now loves it, especially digging and placing the sand in all the places you don’t want the sand to go – like the beach bag with all the snacks. After an hour of half of frolicking in the waves, chilling and chasing the girls, we all indulged in sinful ice creams. I then bundled my chocolate coated sand babes in to the car and headed home in a dash so Ella could accompany mum to have a yellow fever shot. She insisted on going so she could ‘yook after Nona and hold her hand’. When I am sad she tells me to lie on her shoulder and pats my back – too precious. I wonder if ‘Nona da-ying’ will get the same treatment. What a morning. I think I am look back at these years with such a huge smile on my face.

 

On a sadder note Steve had to leave us and possibly miss my long term planned weekend away in Betties (its only about the 5th weekend away that has gone pear – always legitimate reasons but wondering if we are ever destined to have a little break!) It’s not just sad because we will miss him, it’s sad because he is going up to support his friends while they watch their dad die. Death is always sad for those left behind. I am really praying that he will be just what his mates need in this time of crisis. Makes me freshly grateful for today – for life – here, now, this minute and or everything that is so precious to me.

 

Now to work…

 

 

No comments: