This is what I need - time with my man on the beach...and Bruno and Ella can come too. Steve is away. I have the whole house to myself, which I would usually love - but no, I miss my husband. We have not had proper time together for 4 weeks. We have had so much on the go...leaders camp, mens camp, steve prepping for preaching - lots of church community stuff but i know its only for a brief period so I can hang in there. I was reminded just now about a talk he did on living a centered life (on god and his will for the present) as oppose to a balanced life (where we plan stuff according to a fixed list of priorities). Currently, church leadership and community is demanding most time - but it feels right for the moment. There is a lot of God stuff happening and I guess wife and babe will just have to hang out til tues when Steve has committed to taking the whole day off to be with his family! Can't wait.
Feeling quite inspired at the moment by an organisation called the centre for faith and work (www.faithandwork.org) I love the fact that Christians working in different sectors in society are collaborating around how to influence their industry to be more gospel centered.
am very behind in work - Monica (nanny) never arrived today - but her excuse was good enough - her brother was in a taxi accident. Poor woman.
Feeling quite inspired at the moment by an organisation called the centre for faith and work (www.faithandwork.org) I love the fact that Christians working in different sectors in society are collaborating around how to influence their industry to be more gospel centered.
am very behind in work - Monica (nanny) never arrived today - but her excuse was good enough - her brother was in a taxi accident. Poor woman.
I can not believe it. I have deep furrows in my forehead. It seems like I have developed wrinkles over night. I feel too young for wrinkles! I should have listened to my mother and used the whole cleanser, toner, moisturiser thing...
The pregnant street lady phoned me yesterday to let me know that she had a baby boy. I nearly cried when I realised that they had released this woman from the clinic WITH her child. Can you imagine looking after a new born on the streets? Nappies??? Sterilising bottles??? (she is HIV positive so no boob) Sleep??? Bath??? So there she was, asking me for help from a public call box, at 7pm, with a 3 DAY old baby! Fearing for the baby's life, I immedialtely started calling shelters to see if they would take her in. I managed to find her a place of care, called her back only to discover that she had left the call box already (it took me ages to fin dthe right place for her). At this point I did cry. How did she slip through the social services net? I am so frustrated by our government services. All I could do was pray for the little baby and mum. Life is really tough for some.
On that morbid note, I need sleep. Not as much as Mel, but almost (I have not had years of sleep deprivation training - Mel is sleep deprivation fit. I am not).
Sleep tight.
The pregnant street lady phoned me yesterday to let me know that she had a baby boy. I nearly cried when I realised that they had released this woman from the clinic WITH her child. Can you imagine looking after a new born on the streets? Nappies??? Sterilising bottles??? (she is HIV positive so no boob) Sleep??? Bath??? So there she was, asking me for help from a public call box, at 7pm, with a 3 DAY old baby! Fearing for the baby's life, I immedialtely started calling shelters to see if they would take her in. I managed to find her a place of care, called her back only to discover that she had left the call box already (it took me ages to fin dthe right place for her). At this point I did cry. How did she slip through the social services net? I am so frustrated by our government services. All I could do was pray for the little baby and mum. Life is really tough for some.
On that morbid note, I need sleep. Not as much as Mel, but almost (I have not had years of sleep deprivation training - Mel is sleep deprivation fit. I am not).
Sleep tight.

No comments:
Post a Comment