Monday, 04 February 2008

Approaching 6 months and life is :-)

Im typing w one hand - the other is holding the breast pump - it could almost be an extention of my body now - seems like its permanently attached to my boobs. But the boob milk is on its way out. Ella has become a lazy feeder, a few sucks and thats it... no more...but then will devour a bottle aftre boob. Am keeping the milk going just until her constitution becomes a little more regular, apparently formula makes constipation worse. I think I deserve a medal for persevering with the breast feeding thing (or maybe I am just stubborn and should have thrown the towel in ages ago!)

I think we have actually turned the corner though - I have a happy child! Who eats some food! She is getting cuter by the day, and I'm jut loving the increased interaction that we share. She is such a little smiler. Lately she has developed this act that involves nestling into my neck and shoulder - my heart just about melts!

Had tons of people doting over my child at our leaders camp - ya -thats where we were on the weekend. Felt like such a proud mum - and she is only just short of 6 months. Poor parents had to dog sit. Shame man - they really do go the extra mile for us kids. Apparently Bruno was well behaved though and even recieved the odd pat from dad.

On a more mundane note - there is absolutley NO food in the house - so I am trying to create something filling out of not much...frozen mince...peas...canned tomatoes...
Bruno wants to be let in...
The garden needs watering....
The poos need to be picked up...

Steve is coming home late...sigh...

So I did Ella bath duty, dog walk and feed duty, Ella feed and bed duty...all after a long days work and mothering...

Now I must magically make food appear on the table. Cooking used to be fun. The fun is fading.

I tell you what, that old saying is so flippin true - a mothers work is never done my dear.

P.S. Mel - I share your pain - my tool bar aint working either -had some great pics to post. OH well...

1 comment:

Jeannie De Vynck said...

Hi
I enjoyed reading your blog and seeing what the Binoses are up to. What a cutie your Ella is. I'll read your blog again, for sure.
love
Jeannie