Tuesday, 13 May 2008

Being human

Imagine this scene:
its 7.30pm - we're having 6 people for dinner - small group leaders most of whom we don't know that well - hence the dinner - to get to know them better. Everything is organised, food cooked (lamb stew), table laid, Ella in cot. I am styling.

People arrive, I have 10mils of the bottle left to feed Ella.

Steve pops in the room: "how you doing love?" "nearly there" I answer... then it happens, Ella projectile vomits her entire feed straight into the air - it lands - SPLAT - all over her face, body and cot.

As she vomits she chokes, I panic and scream loudly: " STEVE, SHIT, shit!!! help!!!". Ella stops choking, as I have whipped her into prone position (face down) over my hand. I hear silence from the lounge. Steve starts laughing. Here I am, Sarah, the wife of Steve leaders in common ground church, swearing like a trooper. I'm human, not holy. If any of those guys thought for a moment I was righteous and holy they were wrong. God still has a lot of sanctifying work to do.

I suppose that was one way to break the ice.

P.s. I ended up joining the party 1 hour later after a major clean up episode.

No comments: