
Thursday, 15 May 2008
Sharing life's big moments
This is my friend Kath - in fact she is more like a sister. I value Kath's perspective which I often seek out, along with her frank honesty - she calls a spade a spade but in a sensitive way, she has incredible wisdom and insight, loves God, adventure, surfing, deep novels (in Latin??), and is basically excellent at everything she does. Recently I had the privilege of witnessing a huge moment in her life. Kath has been studying non stop for 15 years... MBCHB, and in the last few years neurology. I have not seen my friend properly for about a year - as she has been slave to her brain books and I have been immersed in mothering. Our lives are in such different spaces yet she is one of the people in my life who still gets me even in my different space. On the 15th of May she wrote her final neurology exam - after 15 years this was it - one more oral exam. Hectic. After the exam she came to hang with me -and whilst sipping tea, her prof called with the big news - she had passed. I can not explain what a privilege it was to whiteness this moment. It was massive. Absolutely massive. I can now say with great pride that one of my friends is a brain doctor. Very cool!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment