Thursday, 27 September 2007
Miles of smiles
On Wed the 19th Ella turned 6 weeks old...and we were both looking forward to a REAL smile. In the last while Steve has been impatiently prodding her chubby cheeks and making googling noises in an attempt to elicit a smile. His efforts must have paid off - in the middle of the night last Thursday Steve yelled 'BABE'. Freaking heck - all I asked him to do was change her nappy..NOW what? Steve came running into the bed room, Ella in hand and proudly announced 'Babe - I just got the biggest widest REAL smile!' I then had 2 kids to deal with - the 38 year old one refused to go to bed as he tried to illicit further smiles from our child - not a good idea to stimulate a half comatosed babe in the middle of the night. This = increased effort to get her to settle and less sleep for me! A few more little smiles emerged and we all went back to bed - with less sleep ahead of us, but happy and content!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment