I think we have turned a corner. Ella actually opened her mouth for food today...or maybe she just really likes carrots. Anyone watching me trying to feed Ella her solids would think I am mad woman. I end up doing the wild monkey dance to distract her, get a smile and then quickly slip the spoon in that 2cm wide little mouth of hers. I have even resorted to being devious...deception has worked well...show the dummy...edge it near her lips and as she opens for the dummy, slip the food in! Worked like a charm.
Other highlights of my life include the 4 hour break when Lis Ellasat on Wed. What a fantastic break. Loved it. And I think Ella enjoyed bonding with her Aunty - she slept well in the eve. Also had Ali visit on Tues. And thankfully she has discovered that driving here on the main rd is quite quick - so we no longer fall into the category of being on the other side of the world.
Had a heavily pregnant street lady, who confessed to sleeping in the park at times, land up on my doorstep, muttering that she was in labour. Great. And I was just about to leave to go and play touch rugby (yes - I am taking this fitness thing to a new level and have decided to join the wed night league again). I am supposed to be a christian who has amazing amounts of compassion and who loves the poor... on this occassion it did not come easy. I had to muster up every bit of energy I had left to handle the situation. After a few phonecalls I found out that the best place to take her was Mowbray Maternity. Steve gave her a ride and when he discovered that she was refused a bed - took her to Groote Schuur. What is up with our health system?? So steve dropped her there with clothes, food, my number and best wishes for the labour process. My hat. So different to my epxerience of bringing Ella into the world! Left me wondering what happens to babies who are born on the streets. Made me sad. Poor little kid - hopefully his/her life will have some love in it.
Worked on a proposal for loveLife til 2am on Wed morning. Yesterday I could not believe how well I was handling on 3 hours sleep. Thought I was still hardcore - til today - feel like I have been knocked over by a ten ton truck. Going to bed now. Need to catch some Zzzzz
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
So glad things are settling and that Ella B is co-operating. yay for touch rugby - i would SO love to play with you if you didnt live ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE MOUNTAIN!
Post a Comment