My hat - its 2 weeks since I posted. Somehow time just trickles through the fingers and before you know it 14 days have passed by! On the 14th of September we flew to Durbs for Ryan Wallaces wedding. I can not believe how much paraphernalia you need to travel with when you have 1 baby...car seat, pram, camp cot, suitcase for Ella, suitcase for Steve, suitcase for Sarah...Gone are the days of being able to get ready for a local flight within 20minutes (I waxed this in my jet setting days), and being able to arrive 20mins before departure (with the hope of being upgraded to business class!)- Oh no - now I have to think about when princess will feed and how long it will take us to get all the stuff from point a to point b. Life is so different with a babe!
Calm cool and collected on the outside I was dreading the flight. Thankfully I never had to resort to plan B - if Ella screamed the plane down I had already decided to lock myself in the bathroom for the duration of the flight - but princess Ella remained a princess - cute and sleepy...with tons of gripe water, dummy sucks and boob...aaaah peace.
The weekend was packed but worthwhile...connected with old Varsity friends Kirst, Shan, Mary and Francis, went to the wedding and Ella met more rellies - the Italian mob. 2 boys are already mad about our girl - Jude has been mad about Ella since she was in the womb, but now Nicholas' name gets added to the list. Whilst staying with Sim, Nicholas aged 18 months woke up asking to see her. Steve affectionately called Eve by Nicholas, was seduced into hours of playing with a songololo. Very cute. Ella has a nickname from her Aunty - noona - which means little female bug in Italian.
Was great to be home again, in spite of a freaking sore wound from the c - section which has now settled. Looking back, whilst the weekend was fab, I think I was half mad to agree to this little escapade - but apart from 1 hour of solid screaming at the reception, during which I tried not to cry myself, we all survived!

1 comment:
Well done for surviving your first tavels with babe. True to form, you didnt wait long to test the waters!
Post a Comment