Thursday, 26 June 2008

Midnight madness

When I can find the energy to keep my eyelids open I love the hours of the day when the rest of the world sleeps and without distraction I can get things done...fun things, work things, admin things...so in the last 3 hours I have paid bills, responded to about 50 emails, done a little planing for our holiday in France (yay - home exchange here we come), filed post...I get great satisfaction crossing of to dos on my lists...I love lists. Tonight I had a strange second wind which resulted in all of the above. Could have been the adrenalin from the rest of the day which started with Bruno disappearing from the park (after 15 minutes of driving around Plumstead shouting 'BRUNO' I walked into the vet to get help and burst into tears. Eventually a friend called to say she had Bruno back at the park - some lady had found him and walked him back home. I have never been so happy to see our dog). I then missioned with all sorts of refugee related meetings and tasks...our reintegration programme is slowly taking shape.

Ella is sleeping quietly, she has a little sniffle again but as long as she gets sleep we both cope. we seem to be finally conquering the bugs and rashes...for now there is peace in our home!

3 comments:

allie. said...

Bravo Se!
After all that trauma, you still have the chutzpah to be doing list stuff in the middle of the night!
Hats off to you.
Must have been terrible when you lost Bruno - He's such a part of your family.

Whats this about home exchange and France?
What a great idea - can we come?????

allie. said...

HEY!
Ella is WALKING!
Don't you think you should be blogging about such a huge milestone?
With a video clip?
Go on - I know you are hectically busy but this needs a ser-i-ous post. . .
How cute is she, Se?!
Just munchable!

Mel said...

Helloooo? Seriously, its almost a year since your last post. One day you are going to be sooooo sorry you didnt keep this up girlfriend!!