Wednesday, 19 December 2007

I love my mum...




Since I became a mum, I have almost overnight, developed increased appreciation and respect for my mum. Motherhood is hardcore - if you intend to be a devoted mum, and whilst I have always loved and appreciated my one -I never really understood what she had given up and sacrificed to rasie us three Bunn girls. We have something huge in common now - and she is such a great great help with Ella. Mum has this ability to relate to and connect with kids in a way very few can. I can not wait for Ella to be big enough to be able to participate in all the fun outings/games/stories mum has up her sleeve. She is the most insane granny - always willing to Ellasit, actually demanding to Ellasit. She loves Ella like her own child - and has spoilt her ever since she was born. Mum has a stash of Ella stuff at her house making getting ready for visits so much easier. She has bought Ella masses of clothes, books and toys. She has laboured for hours making curtains for her room. When Ella was only 3 days old she rushed to Vincent Palotti at midnight to get a formula bottle for her whilst she screamed for milk that had not yet arrived. She slept over that night, doing the night feeds and nappy changes so I could 5 hours sleep.
Mum never offers unsolicited advice, and allows me to get on with mothering Ella in my own way, but when asked, is a fountain of good advice. I love her ridiculously much. I guess I will have to wait for Ella to have her own kids before she fully appreciates me in the same way I appreciate my mum. Talk about a long time to wait! I have made a deal with God - if he ever calls Steve and I to another part of the world - he had better call her too! My gran played such a huge role in my life - I am sure that Mum will be as loved by Ella as gran was by me. Love you mum - infinity to the power infinity.

1 comment:

A storyteller said...

Sniff - the pics of your parents with Ella smiling at them have got me all weepy at the keyboard! So precious!