Thursday, 27 December 2007

Xmas times...


Our first Xmas with Ella has come and gone. Xmas was very relaxed - just the way I like it. For me Xmas = family and off course remembering Christs birth into this world. I love this time of year, when there seems to be more time to reflect, be thankful and enjoy people who I love and cherish. Xmas seem to be getting more chilled as the years go by - I love this. Lazy days by the pool, and less emphasis on gourmet food. Kids make Xmas fun. It was such a delight to watch faith and rach open their presents - a moment full of uncontainable excitment and pleasure! I think I can actually see Ella grow. Everyday she has a new trick to show off. In the last week most notable Ella developments include...


  • Rolling by herself from back to tum- which means I can no longer leave her in the middle of the bed for even a second while I go to the loo. When we woke up 3 days ago to her screaming, we found her on her little tum in her cot, head squished against the side of it.

  • blowing zerbits - she spends most of her waking hours now pursing her wee little lips and blowing hard though them. Very cute. She seems to have forgotten about her scream (for now...)

Ella's nickname should be Miss unpredictable. Just as I think we have a routine that I can get a handle on, she changes it. I think this is Gods way of keeping me humble and dependent on him. Her most recent new thing is to wake up at 4am every morning. This is like a sick joke - just as I was getting used to the 7 hour stretch of uninterrupted sleep she is now waking for a feed at 4am. Not an extra feed - just an early feed. Think its time for solids...rice cereal perhaps. Then again the paed said I should try to wait til 6 months cos of my allergies. Who the heck do you listen to? God could have just produced kids with a user manual that popped out with them at birth. would be less of a guessing game and probably less fun, but would save my emotional energy!


Faithie and Rach came to sleep over... Had a blast. Felt like a superhero on Friday. Had mum and dad over for DIY day (love these - they literally spend hours doing those odd jobs around the house I never get to - or rather Steve never gets to.) Managed to have 3 kids in bed by 7.30 and had a meal prepared for dinner with friends. Got a wee taste of everyday life with 3 kids the next day. Steve was prepping for preach so he was out of action to help have fun with kids. Took Rach, Faith and ella to Kbosch - was freaking hot, but we had loads of fun at the wishing well and river and spent avo swimming at mums, even though she was out. Oh my hat - 3 kids is more than full time. I think that God should have granted mothers one extra hand and another set of eyes at the birth of the thrid baby. Its so hectic. I was so tired by the end of the day that I went to bed at 8pm.


Respect to all mothers - especially those with more than 2 kids.


Soon we will be in Natures Valley - my favourite place on this planet. I can not wait. Soon I will be getting my daily fix of fresh sea air, sand between my toes, salt in my hair and all over my bod, sunsets, long beach walks...lovely stuff. Added bonus- I will have 3 extra pairs of hands willing to Ella sit. yay.



Nothing better than walking bare feet on these awesomely manicured lawns


fun at the river...






No comments: