It’s been a long day full of first time experiences for me….
It started at 2.30am feeding Ella (no - this is most definitely not a first time)
Then waking up at 5 to make the 7am flight to JHB – first time I have been into the loveLife offices as a mother…
It was also the first time I have expressed milk in the toilet of a nationwide aircraft…and the first time I have written a blog entry 1km high in the sky.
And its was the first time it has ever taken me 2 hours to travel 65km to get the airport from the loveLife offices - courtesy of Eskom load shedding and high way accidents. Gotta love living in Africa. Thankfully I just made my return flight home by 20 minutes – would have been disaster if I had missed last flight out.
It is also the first time that I have absolutely insisted on having very very specific deliverables for the piece of work that loveLife want me to. I have never been so strong about my boundaries.
It was also the first time that a whole day has passed without me seeing Ella. And I missed her a lot.
And the first time my mum has taken Ella to the clinic – I am really grateful that I have a mum like I do, who is a fantastic granny.
Ella put on 70g – not much, but hey, the scale is on the up so I think our little routine of solids and boob combined is starting to work.
Am on the plane.
Am tired, actually shattered, but strangely energised by the time I spent with really passionate, sparky people.
getting used to living on a few hours of interrupted sleep.
P.s am at home – finally – 6 hours after I left the office (10pm). It was a comedy of errors trying to get home – 2 hrs of grid lock traffic, nearly missed flight trying to get batteries to operate boob pump, phone died so had to beg stranger to use his cell so I could notify husband that I am alive, land in CT – to find car with dead dead battery, find men to help push start, push starting doesn’t work, find man with jump leads, find car to attach leads, ticket for parking wont work, pay at office, petrol low but don’t want to stop car…pray all the way home that I wont break down on N2...and finally finally make it home. Suprisingly unophased by it all! Decided to roll with punches. Perhaps God has been doing some work on me without me knowing it!
P.s am at home – finally – 6 hours after I left the office (10pm). It was a comedy of errors trying to get home – 2 hrs of grid lock traffic, nearly missed flight trying to get batteries to operate boob pump, phone died so had to beg stranger to use his cell so I could notify husband that I am alive, land in CT – to find car with dead dead battery, find men to help push start, push starting doesn’t work, find man with jump leads, find car to attach leads, ticket for parking wont work, pay at office, petrol low but don’t want to stop car…pray all the way home that I wont break down on N2...and finally finally make it home. Suprisingly unophased by it all! Decided to roll with punches. Perhaps God has been doing some work on me without me knowing it!

1 comment:
oh my word. I cant believe the string of events on this day. and that you were unphased. I want whatever you are on....!
Post a Comment