Friday, 25 January 2008

Juggling balls

So we tried a nanny called Monica this morning. Clearly Ella was unimpressed - this expressed through non stop screaming every time Monica came near her. Sigh. I like Monica, but I guess it has to work for both of us right?!

My freezer is now packed with little ice cubes of frozen butternut, sweet potato and prune pure. more evidence of how my life has dramatically changed.

And I am freshly grateful that I know a personal God - one who cares about prayers like 'God please get Ella's gut to work - please God - she is not comfortable and this means I am not having that much fun either.'

Yes - Ella did her first butternut explosion. And the prunes seem to be working too....

The joys of motherhood.

Really chuffed that I am managing to run again- squeezed another one in this am. Man - exercise makes you feel great! (Nothing like a good injection of endorphins!)

You know that you have lots of balls to juggle when you start dividing your time into half slots in an excel spreadsheet...scary...but this is helping me make sense of my week and time.

Steve away tonight. Missing him already.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Wrong. If you like Monica, Ella will adapt. Unless you have some knawing sense of unease....other than Ella's yells? My kids yelled each time my nannies first held them.And my nannies have all rocked!

See you later.
xx

Insurance Loss Adjuster said...

HI Se.
We went to Calvinia this weekend and spent the night at Doring Baai. Man was it hot! Bwana and Vula travelled on the back seat of the bakkie - it was tooooo hot at the back. Keep up the good work mother :) Love dad