Tuesday, 22 January 2008

Long time no blog

It's 12.00pm. Ella Bella is finally asleep. The midwife Sharon has put her on a strict routine - to encourage her to feed better so her weight will increase...not that she is malnourished or anything, but once again no weight gain in 2 weeks. Sigh. In the last 10 days she started to eat mostly at night - awful, but last night she only woke up once at 4am so hopefully that stage has passed....wonder what the next stage will be?

BUT...she can now put out her little arms when you say come to me, she can sit with some assitance, can bear her full body weight through her little legs. She hates going down for sleep time - but after quite a few screaming sessions is finally figuring out that when I put her down, its time to SLEEP...which means time for me to catch my breath and get on with all the other things that life demands.

Am trying to figure out whether I should be doing more part time work...not sure yet. Will need an extra pair of hands to help with Ella.

Holiday was as good as holidays get. Natures Valley - heaven on earth - was, as always brilliant. Steve and I had plenty of us time. Mum cooked every night except one (and she doesnt stuff around when it comes to food - every meal was a treat). I also quite literally ran my butt off. 50km total in 13 days. Not bad huh?! So I am in the running groove. And have also signed up to play touch rugby again on Wed nights. yay. Bye bye flab - hopefully.

Pictures speak a 1000 words - holiday moments...


Teething???

How cool are Bumbos! She has found her toes...and loves playing with them.





This was the first house we bought...our beach tent. We managed to get ella to take her naps on the beach.



Sunset dinner on the beach...
Bruno only just managed to squeeze into the backseat with Ella...and on the way home I was in between the 2 of them. I have never been so close to Bruno for so long in my whole life!


Grandpa and Ella




Fun in the shade...


Our family has grown by 2 this year!


Cuddles and play with my little one.




My 2 tired babes on the day of trying to get ready to go...


lots of beach walks

We had an awesome stop over in Macgregor. It was so hot.

Even Bruno got in the pool


Our family shadow...

1 comment:

Mel said...

We are all glad you home safe AND that you had such an awesome holiday. Am loving all the photos!