Yesterday I was close to losing it. After 5 hours of interrupted sleep, a meeting with my work colleague, a loooong PnP shop for Natures Valley, and Ella who niggled most of the day I was ready to throw the towel in. It was that bad. I think my serotonin levels were at an all time low. I came home, made Steve make me tea and cried. What I love about my man is that he offered no advice, just fresh perspective. I have a supportive hands on man who loves me, a healthy child who is relatively easy (i think) and yet I think that this motherhood thing is one of the most challenging things I have ever had to do. Too many variables to contend with! No control! The major projects I was involved in at loveLife seem like a breeze in comparison. AND YET - this is one thing that millions of woman all over the world do - RAISE KIDS - and some do it alone - God help them! So does everyone out there find it the most challenging thing ever, or am the only one?
Thankfully I got sleep last night. Steve cleaned the house, watered the garden, helped me with dinner, and got me into bed by 9. Ella woke up once only - phew. and I left her to squeal in her cot from 5.45 til 7. Terrible...but with 8 hours sleep I have found perspective again today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You are not the only one.
Post a Comment